Wynnton Road Streetscape Enhancement
|Affected Area:||Wynnton Road from Peacock Avenue to Hilton Avenue|
$1 million from GA DOT (TE Grant)
$240,000 from MidTown, Inc
$1.24 million total funds
$797,840 from GA DOT (TE Grant)
$199,460 from MidTown, Inc
$997,300 total funds
$2,237,300 million total funds
|Projected Completion Date:||TBA|
The purpose of this project is to strengthen the aesthetic and environmental value of this portion of Wynnton Road. The project improvement limits are from the west at Brown & Peacock Avenues to the east at Hilton Avenue. The project joins into the Wynnton Road improvements from Lockwood Avenue to Cedar Avenue.
The proposed improvements include:
- Resurfacing the entire project for driver safety and comfort;
- Revising land widths to 10 feet in each direction, reducing driver speeds thru sensitive areas;
- Eleven foot center turn lanes;
- ADA compliant curb ramps at improved intersections;
- Adding greenspace and plantings for environmental benefits and landscape beautification;
- Six foot wide sidewalks;
- Providing park areas and benches for community use; and
- Provisions for pedestrian safety including crosswalks, safety islands, and street lighting.
The plans were developed by the consulting firm of TY Lin International with the direction of MidTown, Inc. and the City of Columbus.