DEPARTMENT OF PARKS & RECREATION RENTAL POLICIES
Several outdoor spaces, including covered pavilions, picnic areas, fields, and more can be rented or reserved from Parks & Recreation. For more information about rates and availability, contact Park Services (706) 653-4189.
RECREATION CENTER RENTALS
Indoor recreation center facilities, including game rooms, gyms, kitchens, or entire indoor recreation centers are available from Parks & Recreation for rental. For more information about rates and availability, contact Recreation Services (706) 225-4658.
Reservations are made by contacting the Columbus Recreation Division. Reservations must be made no less than two (2) weeks or no more than six (6) months in advance, unless the Director of Parks and Recreation or the Recreation Services Division Manager grants prior approval. Reservations are made on first come, first served basis.
The Super Center Community room may be reserved on Saturday or Sunday between the hours of 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m. The Super Center gymnasiums may be reserved from 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m. on Monday thru Friday and 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m. on Sunday. Ardahilia Mack Recreation Center may be reserved on Saturday or Sunday from 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m. This facility may only be rented for a maximum of eight (8) hours in a twenty-four (24) hour period.
The activities and events of the Columbus Parks and Recreation Department have priority over all other reservations. Columbus Parks and Recreation facilities are also subject to holiday closings, construction, repairs, and operational emergencies that may preclude use of a rental facility. Should any of these circumstances arise during a period when a rental has been confirmed, Columbus Parks and Recreation may cancel the rental or may give the option to the renter of relocating the event to another available facility. If the event is canceled, the security deposit and rental fee will be refunded. There will be no other liability for the Columbus Parks and Recreation Department.
In addition to the rental policies set forth below, which may be implemented by Departmental Managers and Supervisors, the Recreation Division reserved the right to deny or refund any facility reservation when the Parks and Recreation Director deems the activity be detrimental to public safety, fraudulent or criminal. No other consideration may be given to the message of the event, or the content of neither speech, nor the identity or associational relationships of the applicant.
- It is the rental policy of Columbus Parks and Recreation to rent on a first come, first served basis only. Columbus Parks and Recreation does not take reservations over the telephone.
- Payment of the Security Deposit AND the Rental fee is required when the paperwork is completed.
- Facility Availability: Community Room and Kitchen is available Saturday and Sunday 9:00AM - 11:00PM. The entire facility is available Saturday - 9:00AM - 2:00PM and 6:00PM - 8:00PM Sunday.
- Rentals are not confirmed until rental agreement is completed and full payment is received.
- The time the renter books and pays for includes: SET UP, CLEAN UP, AS WELL AS EVENT TIME!!! Please be mindful that hours paid for are not just for the event.
- Any changes to the rental agreement MUST be completed at least three weeks prior to event.
- Columbus Parks and Recreation only accepts the following forms of payment:
- Money Order
- Debit Cards (with the Visa or MasterCard logo)
- The renter will receive his/her security deposit back in approximately six weeks (30 BUSINESS DAYS) after the event date. The security deposit will be refunded provided the facility was left clean and there were no damages. The security deposit will be refunded to the name on the check, money order, or credit/debit card presented for payment. Columbus City Council has set the schedule for Security Deposits.
- In the event of cancellation, Columbus Parks and Recreation requires at least a 72 hour notice in order to receive a full refund (Security Deposit and Rental Fee). If the renter cancels less than 72 hours prior to the event, only the security deposit will be refunded.
- Office hours for reservations are 8:00AM - 4:00PM, Monday - Friday.
- Special Event Fees - If the renter charges for an event, an additional fee of $35.00 will be assessed as an administrative fee. This fee is due immediately upon booking the facility. The person signing the rental agreement will be held responsible for the payment of this fee.
- Concessions - Renters may supply their own food if it will not be sold. Columbus Parks and Recreation must provide all food for sale. Exclusive Rights of Columbus Parks and Recreation.
- Minimum Age - Renters must be at least eighteen (18) years of age to rent a facility.
- Renter is responsible to see that all activities are properly controlled and supervised. Adequate adult chaperones must be provided if group members are less than eighteen (18) years of age. There is a limit of 40 participants under the age of eighteen (18). One chaperone per ten (10) minor participants must be provided.
- Tables and Chairs - A limited number of tables and chairs are available at each facility. Tables and chairs are not permitted outside the building. The renter is responsible for setting up and taking down the tables and chairs. Failure to take down the tables and chairs will result in the forfeiture of the security deposit. If additional tables and chairs are needed, the renter may bring them in; however, Columbus Parks and Recreation assumes no responsibility for items brought into the facility.
- The City of Columbus, its departments, employees, and agents to not assume any liability toward the renter and guests. The renter must sign a Waiver Agreement at the time the application is completed.
- Alcoholic Beverages - No alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, or unauthorized weapons will be allowed in any Columbus Parks and Recreation facility.
- Tobacco - Use of any tobacco products is prohibited INSIDE the facility. Tobacco products may be used by adults OUTSIDE the facility only.
- Music - Renters must comply with the City of Columbus Noise Ordinance. When the renter has reserved less than the entire facility, the music may not be heard outside of the space rented.
- No Commercial Activity - There shall be no fundraising activities, door charges, or sale of any article for private gain (jewelry, shoes, Tupperware parties, Avon Shows, etc.) Fundraising events will be granted to non-profit groups only. Non-profit status is defined as any group holding a 501(C)3 tax exemption from the Internal Revenue Service.
- No Continuing Reservations - Reservation requests for more than one-time use must be submitted to the Division Director or Supervisor and may be approved for a one (1) month period. Individuals/groups may reapply the next working day after their last reservations.
- Entertainment/Gambling - Gambling is prohibited at all facilities with the exception of "Recreational Bingo" as defined O.C.G.A. § 16-12-51. Adult entertainment activities as described in Section 14-223 of the Columbus Code are prohibited (i.e. strippers). All public performance of movies is prohibited at all facilities. Neither the rental, the purchase nor lending of a videocassette or DVD carrier with it the right to exhibit such a movie publicly outside the home, unless the site where the video is used is properly licensed for copyright compliant exhibition. (Title 17 US code, Public Law 94-553, 90 Stat 2541)
- With the exception of the deep fryer and the popcorn machine, the public may use the ktichen facilities. The deep fryer and popcorn machine are not for public use.
- When use of the building continues past the time for which rent has been paid, an hourly charge will be assessed. Cost will be dependant upon what part of the facility you are renting.
- The renter cannot enter the facility UNTIL the event time stated on the rental contract.
- Absolutely no food or drink is permitted outside the Community Room and Kitchen area of the facility.
- Absolutely no inflatables will be allowed inside the facility. Inflatables will be allowed outside the facility provided there is enough space.
Violation of these rules will result in loss of security deposit and rental privileges.