DEPARTMENT OF PARKS & RECREATION RENTAL POLICIES
Several outdoor spaces, including covered pavilions, picnic areas, fields, and more can be rented or reserved from Parks & Recreation. For more information about rates and availability, contact Park Services (706) 653-4189.
RECREATION CENTER RENTALS
Indoor recreation center facilities, including game rooms, gyms, kitchens, or entire indoor recreation centers are available from Parks & Recreation for rental. For more information about rates and availability, contact Recreation Services (706) 653-4483.
Reservations are made by contacting the Columbus Recreation Division. Reservations must be made no less that two (2) weeks or no more than three (3) months in advance, unless the Director of Parks and Recreation or the Recreation Services Division Manager grants prior approval. Reservations are made on first come, first served basis.
The Super Center Community room may be reserved on Sunday thru Saturday between the hours of 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m. The Super Center gymnasiums may be reserved from 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m. on Monday thru Saturday and 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m. on Sunday. Ardahilia Mack Recreation Center may be reserved on Sunday thru Saturday from 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m. This facility may only be rented for a maximum of eight (8) hours in a twenty-four hour period.
The activities and events of the Columbus Parks and Recreation Department have priority over all other reservations. Columbus Parks and Recreation facilities are also subject to holiday closings, construction, repairs, and operational emergencies that may preclude use of a rental facility. Should any of these circumstances arise during a period when a rental has been confirmed, Columbus Parks and Recreation may cancel the rental or may give the option to the renter of relocating the event to another available facility. If the event is canceled, the security deposit and rental fee will be refunded. There will be no other liability for the Columbus Parks and Recreation Department.
In addition to the rental policies set forth below, which may be implemented by Departmental Managers and Supervisors, the Recreation Division reserved the right to deny or refund any facility reservation when the Parks and Recreation Director deems the activity be detrimental to public safety, fraudulent or criminal. No other consideration may be given to the message of the event, or the content of neither speech, nor the identity or associational relationships of the applicant.
- Security Deposit. The rental reservations is not confirmed until the deposit has been
received. The security deposit must be paid 24 to 48 hours after the reservation has been set. It must be paid by check or money order, made out to Columbus Parks and Recreation and must be separate from the rental fees. Columbus Council has set the schedule for security deposits, as well as rental fees.
- Rental Fees. Rental Fees are due no later than two week prior to the scheduled event.
Minimum hours charged will be three (3) hours. If the renter cancels the event within three (3) business days prior to the event, the rental fees will not be refunded.
- Return of security deposit. The security deposit will be returned to the person who
signed the check or money order, within thirty (30) business days following the event, if
no damage is found. If damages are present and/or the building is not cleaned
immediately after the event, the cost for cleaning and/or repairing the facility will be the
sole responsibility of the renter. If the damage exceeds the security deposit, the renter
will be invoiced the balance of the cost. This paragraph does not preclude criminal
sanction for damage to property.
- Special Event Fees. If the renter charges for an event, an Administrative fee of $35 will be assessed. This fee will need to be remitted to the Parks and Recreation Department upon completing the application. This fee may be waived with the submission of 501(C)3 documentation. Non-profit status will be honored only with current, proper documentation. The person signing the rental agreement will be held responsible for the payment of this fee.
- Concessions. Renters may supply their own food if it will not be sold. All food for sale
must be provided by the Parks and Recreation Department. Exclusively Rights of Columbus Parks and Recreation.
- Minimum Age. Renters must be eighteen (18) years old or older.
- Renter is responsible to see that all activities are properly controlled and supervised.
Adequate adult chaperones must be provided if group members are under eighteen years of age. There is a limit of 40 participants under the age of 18. One chaperone per every ten (10) participants under 18 years of age must be provided.
- Tables/Chairs. A limited number of tables and chairs are available at each facility. No
tables or chairs are to be removed from the building. The renter is responsible for setting up and taking down the tables and chairs. Failure to take down will result in forfeiture of the security deposit. If the renter required additional tables and chairs than what is available at the facility, then it is the responsibility of the renter to obtain the items required from an outside vendor.
- The City of Columbus, its departments, employees, and agents do not assume any
liability toward the renter and guests. The renter must sign a Waiver Agreement at the time the security deposit is paid.
- Alcoholic Beverages. No alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, or weapons will be allowed
in Parks and Recreation facilities. The Parks and Recreation Director may make an exception to this policy for educational purposes.
- Tobacco. Use of tobacco products in not permitted inside any Parks and Recreation
facility. Tobacco products may only be used by adults outside the facilities. (Ordinance No. 02-14)
- Decorations. The rental time includes set up and clean up. However, the rental
coordinator may approve and additional hour for set up prior to the event. Failure to conclude the event in a timely manner will result in the forfeiture of the security deposit.
- Music. Renter must comply with the City of Columbus Noise Ordinance. When the
renter has reserved less then an entire facility, the music may not be heard outside of the space reserved.
- No commercial activity. There shall be no fund raising activities, door charges, or sale
of any article for private gain, (i.e. jewelry shoes, Tupperware parties, Avon shows). Request for fund raising events will be granted only to non-profit groups and only before or after regular operating hours. Non-profit status is defined as any group holding a 501(c)(3) tax exemption from the Internal Revenue Service.
- No continuing reservations. Facilities are available to the community; continuous use
by one organization limits this opportunity for others. Reservation request for more than one-time use must be submitted to the Division Director or Supervisor and may be approved only for a one-month period. Individuals/groups may reapply the next working day after their last reservation.
- Entertainment/Gambling. Gambling is prohibited at all facilities with the exception of
"recreational bingo" as defined O.C.G.A. § 16-12-51. Adult entertainment activities as described in Section 14-223 of the Columbus Code are prohibited (i.e. strippers). All public performance of movies is prohibited at all facilities. Neither the rental nor the purchase or lending of a videocassette or DVD carrier with it the right to be exhibited such a movie publicly outside the home, unless the site where the video is used is properly licensed for copyright compliant exhibition. (Title 17 US code, Public Law 94-553, 90 Stat 2541)
- Violation of these rules will result in loss of security deposit and rental privileges.
- When use of the building continues past the time for which rent has been paid, an hourly charge of $15 will be assessed.