LAKEBOTTOM & WERACOBA PARK
Lakebottom Park began around 1888. Originally known as Wildwood Park and later named Weracoba Park. It got its name from the man-made Weracoba Creek which feeds the park. Once there was a lake with islands and arched bridges connecting them. Boating was a popular past time at the park. In 1925 the lake was drained and Columbus High was built near the site of the ball fields.