The Communications Specialist is responsible for managing the communications system during deployment. The Communications Specialist reports directly to the Logistics Manager.
The Communications Specialist is responsible for:
- Participating in the development of the Communications Plan.
- Assessing overall needs and developing the Task Force Incident Communications Plan.
- Obtaining frequencies, installation, operation and maintenance of the task force communications system during deployment.
- Coordinating communications with other appropriate entities.
- Adhering to all safety procedures.
- Accountability, maintenance, and minor repairs for all issued equipment.
- Maintaining appropriate records and reports.
- Maintaining the communications cache in an operational state at all times.
- Monitoring all task force communications.
- Developing requests for ordering replacements for consumable items and items lost damaged or destroyed.
- Performing additional tasks or duties as assigned during a mission.