Thank you for your interest in becoming a vendor for the Consolidated Government of Columbus, Georgia.
The link above will connect you to the following:
(1) An online Vendor Information Form and
(2) A Commodity Code listing.
Please complete the Vendor Information Form and utilize the Commodity Code listing to identify the appropriate commodity codes (goods or services) your company provides. If you do not see your particular good or service represented on the Commodity Code listing, please type in the goods/services you provide in the comment box provided on the form.
Please complete and submit the online forms and you will be added to the vendor's list.
Vendors who have registered with the City, will applicable commodity codes for the required solicitations, will receive postcard notification of bid opportunities.
If you wish to receive email notifications informing you of the City's bid opportunities, please register with the State of Georgia, Department of Administrative Services at http://doas.ga.gov/Suppliers/Pages/SupplierStart.aspx.
Vendors should use the following resources to inform themselves of Bid/RFP opportunities:
1. LEGAL ADVERTISEMENTS: Solicitations will be advertised in the Columbus Ledger-Enquirer (The City’s legal organ) on the following specific days: WEDNESDAYS AND FRIDAYS. Solicitations will be advertised once, except when further advertisement is required by Georgia State Law. Advertisements in The Columbus Times will be advertised, as available, on a weekly basis.
2. CITY’S WEB SITE: Solicitations are advertised on the City’s Website. Full specifications will be published on the Internet, whenever possible at www.columbusga.org/finance/proposals.htm
3. 24-HOUR TELEPHONIC BIDLINE: A 24-Hour Telephonic BidLine (telephone line dedicated to announce advertised solicitations) will be available to inform bidders of bid opportunities. The BidLine number is 706-225-4536. The BidLine recording is updated each Friday. Vendors will be able to call at any time to find out about bid opportunities. Advertised solicitations will be announced on the BidLine until their due date.
4. ANNUAL CONTRACT LISTING: A listing of Annual Contracts due for re-bid is included on the website. In addition, for informational purposes, the listing of ALL current Annual Contracts, with the expiration date and assigned Buyer appears on the Purchasing Webpage at
5. APPROVED CAPITAL EQUIPMENT/SUPPLIES: A listing of all capital equipment/supplies approved each fiscal year is included on the website. The items are listed by the month anticipated for bid release. This list is subject to change. Vendors should periodically check the Purchasing website for bid advertisements at
6. CCG-TV: Bid advertisements will be publicized on the City's TV Station CCG-TV.
Charter Cable - Channel 3
Knology Cable - Channel 17
Media Com - Channel 21
Hopefully, these changes will not be an inconvenience to vendors that wish to do business with the City of Columbus, Georgia.
Andrea J. McCorvey
Andrea J. McCorvey