The Muscogee County Marshal's Office was created by an Act of the Georgia General Assembly in 1915. Through this Act and subsequent amendments, the Marshal and Deputy Marshal's have the authority to enforce Federal Laws, State Laws, and Local Ordinances. The Marshal's Office is the enforcement arm of the Municipal and Magistrate Courts. The Marshal and Deputy Marshals must meet the standards for all Georgia Peace Officers. The Georgia Peace Officers Standards and Training Council has certified the Muscogee Marshal's Office as a Law Enforcement Unit.
To serve the Public by fair enforcement of the law as provided for in the U.S. Constitution, Georgia Constitution, Statutory and Case Law. Enforcement of all orders of Muscogee County Courts and other courts of competent jurisdiction.
Goals and Objectives
- To be aware the Office was created to serve and meet the public's needs and expectations.
- To provide effective security for the judiciary, court personnel and visitors to the court.
- To be an effective unit of Columbus Consolidated Government.
- To train personnel to accomplish the mission in an effective and safe manner.
- To cooperate with other law enforcement agencies, other Consolidated Government departments, and federal and state agencies.
- To promote integrity of the law enforcement profession and the Muscogee County Municipal - Magistrate Court system.